The Nominations and Elections Committee assures the nomination process is conducted in accordance with the NAPPSA Bylaws, oversees the nomination process for Executive Officers and Board Members and ensures appropriate procedures are in place for the selection and presentation of qualified candidates to the membership.
The following candidates were approved by the Board for the 2021 election:
Professor Adeboye Adejare
Professor Adeboye Adejare is a USA based scientist. He received BS (1978) and MS (1980) in Chemistry from The University of Iowa followed by Ph.D. in Medicinal Chemistry from The Ohio State University (1985). He did postdoctoral studies at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) for 3 years prior to beginning career in academia. He is currently Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia. His research is geared towards discovery of novel compounds that can be used to probe mechanisms of, and for treatment of neurodegeneration as observed in Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders, anti-cancer drug discovery, pharmaceutical profiling, and drug targeting. His research was/is funded by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, NIH, the Office of Naval Research, and several pharmaceutical companies. These efforts have resulted in over 50 publications, 5 patents and over 100 presentations at mainly national and international conferences. Several students from his group have received graduate degrees (MS and Ph.D.) and are employed in academia and the pharmaceutical industry. Dr. Adejare served/serves on several national panels, including grant review panels for NIH, National Science Foundation, National Academy of Science, and Alzheimer’s Association. He is the Editor-in-Chief of Remington: The Science and Practice of Pharmacy; and Editor for section on Pharmaceutical Chemistry. He is also editor of a new book published by Elsevier titled “Drug Discovery Approaches for the Treatment of Neurodegenerative Disorders: Alzheimer’s Disease”. Professor Adejare is a founding member of NAPPSA and has served in various capacities within the organization. He is honored as a Fellow of the organization.
Adeleye Ogunkanmi is a Pharmaceutical Scientist and Director of Clinical Science at CRISPR Therapeutics since 2020, with over 15 years of experience in the field of Oncology. He received his PharmD from Rutgers University’s Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy in 2007. Adeleye went on to complete a 2- year post-doctoral fellowship as a Clinical Scientist through the Rutgers Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship program, at Schering-Plough Corp from 2007-2009.
He has been a NAPPSA Member since 2011 and has served as Vice Chair of the Mentorship Committee with robust contribution to the development, deployment, and analysis of the committee’s mentorship surveys Adeleye was also a strong promoter and contributor to the success of the NAPPSA 3K FundRacer raising over $2000 towards NAPPSA Endowment Fund He was a keynote presenter at the 5th NAPPSA Young Professional Hangout in May 2021. He is a committed advocate for NAPPSA and its growth and has led membership drive efforts in the New Jersey area. He is also an accomplished Pharmaceutical Science professional and top performer in the Rutgers Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship Program.
- Ayo Fajembola is board certified pharmacist at Walgreens pharmacy INC in Chicago, Illinois and a licensed pharmacist in Nigeria.
- Earned B.sc in Medical laboratory Science/Chemistry from the University of Illinois, Springfield and Pharm.D from the University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Worked as a Medical Laboratory Scientist at the University of Chicago Medical center for 6 years before returning to pharmacy school.
- As a NAPPSA member, she has been actively involved in medicals mission with our sister organization (ANPA) and has been able to represent NAPPSA on several platforms as a panelist including the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria-Oyo state branch.
- Ayo Fajembola featured on “Pharmanewsonline.com-Why Nigerian Government Must be Proactive Against Infections.”
- She enjoys working with individuals who share a common interest in improving positive health outcomes at home and abroad.
- Hobbies include travelling, swimming, listening to music and trying new things.
As a board member:
- I shall be that liaison that gets other young professional involved which will increase membership (through several platforms) and make them future officers and leaders.
- From my experience at the medical mission’s trip, I enjoyed NAPPSA’S collaboration with other professional organizations (e.g. ANPA) and I shall participate in future planning including education committee/membership drive.
- I shall make sure the young professionals are included in several aspects and have a strong and active presence in NAPPSA engagements.
- I shall be an optimistic NAPPSA ambassador to other affiliated organizations such as PCN, PSN, NAFDAC and continue to be engaged with them.
Chinyere Anyanwu, PharmD, BS
Dr. Chinyere Anyanwu is a Pharmacy manager at Rite Aid Pharmacy in Livonia Michigan with a decade of successful experience in diverse areas of professional practice. Chinyere is a certified Coach/Trainer and Motivational speaker with the John Maxwell Team. Prior to becoming a pharmacist, she was a Biochemist for several years before migrating to the United States of America.
Dr Anyanwu is an exceptional leader with a great passion in bringing solution to people around her; Physically, spiritually, and emotionally. She equally serves as a Minister in her local church. Her dedication to work and service has earned her plenty of recognitions both from jobs and the community. She earned the company’s gold and silver status for immunization for two consecutive years and won the customer’s favorite Pharmacist back-to-back. Again, she championed Medication Therapy Management in her local stores and recently got certified in point of care testing (P.O.C.T), a program that intends to better manage patients.
Dr Anyanwu maintains active membership in the Nigerian Association of Pharmacists and Pharmaceutical Scientists in the Americas since 2015. Locally she has served as the President of the Nigerian Pharmacy Association of Michigan and member of the LOC that hosted the Detroit NAPPSA conference 2015. She also initiated a “drug abuse awareness” program to the youths in the Detroit metropole of Michigan.
Dr Anyanwu’s education background includes a Doctor of Pharmacy from Roseman University of Health Sciences, Henderson Nevada. Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry from the University of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State Nigeria. She also has a Certification of Coaching/ Trainer/ Speaker from the John Maxwell Group.
Chinyere Onyebuchi, PhD, PMP
Chinyere Onyebuchi is a Senior Director, Project Leader at Takeda Pharmaceuticals. In her role within the Plasma-Derived Therapies Business Unit, Chinyere provides strategic leadership to the Global Program Team (GPT) in the successful delivery of all project workstreams from concept generation to commercialization. She actively leads the project planning efforts of the GPT in defining and driving the asset strategy. Chinyere actively drives program activities including planning towards milestones, defining clear go/no go decision points and providing objective recommendations to the relevant governance bodies. She holds her teams to the highest standards of delivery excellence in drug development. Prior to joining Takeda Pharmaceuticals in 2017, Chinyere worked in a diverse range of roles for companies including Biogen, Merck & Co, Inc., Schering Plough Corporation, the Cardiovascular Research Foundation and Memorial Sloan- Kettering Cancer Center. She has over 20 years of experience in clinical research operations and project/program management.
Chinyere is a member the Nigerian Association of Pharmacists and Pharmaceutical Sciences in the Americas (NAPPSA) and currently serves as Co-Chair of its 2020/2021 Program Committee. She has also supported the Pharmaceutical Science subcommittee as Secretary. In February 2021, Chinyere moderated the successful and well attended COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy webinar, a joint collaboration offered by NAPPSA, ANPA and NANNNA. Chinyere serves as a Board of Trustee of TERC, an organization committed to improving mathematics and science education particularly among learners from diverse communities. She serves as Chair of TERC’s Governance Committee. Chinyere is a certified Project Management Professional and holds a BA in Political Science from Binghamton University, MPH from New York University and PhD in Epidemiology from Walden University.
Summary of NAPPSA Activities and Qualifications
Co-Chair of the NAPPSA Program Committee | Secretary of the Pharmaceutical Science Focus Group Charter drafting subcommittee | Member of the NAPPSA Membership Committee | Member of the NAPPSA Mentorship Committee | Raised over $2000 towards NAPPSA Endowment Fund via the 3K NAPPSARUNS | Moderator and Panelist for the successful COVID-19 Vaccine Hesitancy Webinar, jointly sponsored by NAPPSA, ANPA and NANNNA | Accomplished leader in the Pharmaceutical Science profession
Chioma Ugwa, RPh
Chioma is the CEO/Owner of Nuevo Health, a Long-term care Pharmacy as well as Morrisville Pharmacy and Compounding. She is also a pharmacist with diverse experience in all areas of pharmacy including but not limited to hospital, long-term, and community care, along with immunization and compounding Chioma has established an independent, community pharmacy in 2008 with a focus on retail work and impact in the community. Since then, has expanded the practice of compounding and long-term care.
Lifestyle Coach Training, A Proven Program to Prevent or Delay Type2 Diabetes | NAPPSA Member since 2017 | NAPPSA North Carolina LOC 2018 Conference Charlotte | NAPPSA/ANPA Medical Mission financial supporter | NAPPSA 3K Run Endowment Fund financial supporter
Emmanuel Ezirim, RPh, FNAPPSA
Emmanuel E-Doggy Ezirim, is the Owner and CEO of Central Point Pharmacy, a USA based Community Pharmacy Practice providing clinical and vaccine/immunization care to the local community in Columbus Ohio.
- 2006 CO-FOUNDER OF NAPPSA
- Member of the NAPPSA Inaugural Board
- Over a decade of Service to NAPPSA as Board Member
- 2006 – Present: Continued Service on Various NAPPSA Committees
- First Chair, NAPPSA Membership Committee (2006 – 2010)
- Member, NAPPSA Website Committee (2013 – Present)
- Member, NAPPSA Fundraising Committee (2016 – Present)
- Co-Chair, NAPPSA Fundraising (2019 – Present)
- Creator and Member, NAPPSA Scholarship Committee (2013 – Present)
- Member, NAPPSA Foundation (2016 – Present)
- Secretary, NAPPSA Endowment Oversight Board
- 2009 FOUNDER, NAPPSA B-2-B
- 2012 ABUJA SUMMIT
- 2013 INITIATED THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
- 2014 NAPPSA/PSN EBOLA RESPONSE
- 2015 OSU COLLEGE OF PHARMACY ENDOWMENT FUND
- 2017 NAPPSA FELLOWSHIP AWARD
- 2020 NAPPSA 3K FUNDRACE
Enyi Onyeobia, PharmD
Enyioma E. Onyeobia holds a pharmacy degree from St. John’s University College of Pharmacy and Allied Health in New York City. He is currently a Clinical Pharmacy team member at Neuro Behavioral Hospital in Crown Point Indiana. Enyioma was drawn to the Pharmacy profession by his childhood fascination about the healing power of medications. He is exceptionally passionate about patient counseling regarding medication therapy and medication use, as well as adequate application of the regulatory control to ensure appropriate drug use. Prior to his current role in clinical pharmacy, Enyioma held several positions in retail Pharmacy with a number of reputable chain stores.
- Member of NAPPSA for close to a decade
- A leading force in the membership expansion of NAPPSA in the Chicago area
- Core member of the LOC for the 2012 NAPPSA Conference in Chicago
- Current Member of the Membership Committee
- Current Member of the Publications Committee
- Previously a member of the Scholarship Committee
- A fervent believer in the NAPPSA 10-Year Strategy Plan
- Active participant and promoter of the Inaugural NAPPSARUNS 3K initiative which is essential in launching the NAPPSA Endowment Fund.
Fadeke Jafojo, PharmD
Pharmacist Kaiser Permanente, Atlanta, GA
- NAPPSA member since 2007
- LOC member for both Atlanta conferences ·Board member from 2015 to 2019
- Chairwoman of the Audit committee from 2015 to 2019
- Member Audit committee from 2019 to present
- Member of Education committee from 2010 to 2019
- Member Program committee from 20012 to 2019
- Member of NAPPSA delegation to Nigeria twice
Felix Egbase, RPh
- Founding member and current secretary of the Nevada Chapter of NAPPSA
- Director of Pharmacy Operations: Aaron Pharmacy Inc.
- Vice President Global Therapeutics: Outpost Health
- Clinical Pharmacist: Kindred Hospitals, Las Vegas (2016-2020)
- Clinical Pharmacist: Western Arizona Regional Medical Center (2015-2016)
- Director of Pharmacy: Havasu Regional Medical Center, Lake Havasu City, AZ (2013-2014)
- Clinical Pharmacist: Havasu Regional Medical Center, Lake Havasu (2009-2013)
Ibukun Bandele, RPh
Ibukun Bandele is the President and CEO of Branscomb Pharmacy Corporation located in Laytonville, California. He obtained his Pharmacy degree from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. Ibukun is a strong leader who has played very instrumental role in the organization of the Nigerian Pharmacists in California leading to the formation of the Nigerian Association of Pharmacists & Pharmaceutical Scientists in California (NAPPSCA). Ibukun is a dedicated team player willing to make the necessary sacrifice for the collective success of the team. He is strongly committed to building the pharmacy profession and the Nigerian community and has been a member of NAPPSA since inception. He was a member of the LOC for the 2011 NAPPSA Conference in Los Angeles. His commitment to NAPPSA is best exemplified by his unwavering support for and active participation in the NAPPSA B-2-B network. He is also a staunch supporter of the NAPPSA 10-Year Strategy Plan and commits to help drive its execution as a NAPPSA Board Member.
- NAPPSA Member since inception
- One of the founding members of NAPPSCA, the local Nigerian pharmacy association in California from which the Californian members of NAPPSA are drawn
- Member of the LOC for the 2011 NAPPSA Conference in Los Angeles
- Strong Supporter and participant in the NAPPSA B-2-B Network
- Frequent donor to NAPPSA causes and fundraisers (including donations to the Dallas Fundraiser, COVID-19 Response Fundraiser and the NAPPSA 3K FundRacer)
Kate Okpukpara, PharmD
Clinical Pharmacist Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center, GA
Dr. Mrs. Kate Okpukapara has been one of the great leaders who has contributed immensely to the growth and success of NAPPSA for over 5 years. Her never wavering leadership and role as a Board member has continually motivated others to become involved in the organization. Her experience as a clinical pharmacist continues to give NAPPSA an edge in this always-evolving profession.
She is actively involved as a preceptor, mentor, and role model for our young graduates and continues to devote her time to support the NAPPSA leadership.
Nkiru Laura Mbionwu, PharmD, BCSCP
Dr. Nkiru Mbionwu is the Operations Manager at AdventHealth East Orlando, Florida. She serves as a preceptor for pharmacy residents, IPPE and APPE students in pharmacy hospital practice and administration, providing hands-on practice experiences in patient care and hospital pharmacy operations. She holds a Bachelor of Pharmacy (with Honors) degree from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria and a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from the University of Florida, Gainesville. Dr Mbionwu is a board-certified sterile compounding pharmacist and holds a pharmacist license in the states of Florida and Texas. She is an active member of ASHP, FSHP and NAPPSA.
- Nappsa member since 2012 & never missed a conference
- LOC member NAPPSA Orlando conference 2014
- Member NAPPSA Board of directors 2017 to now
- Coordinator NAPPSA FPGOP reciprocity program 2019-now
- Member NAPPSA Travel & Finance ad hoc committee
- Participant, ANPA-NAPPSA medical mission 2019 to now.
- Participant 1st NAPPSA 3K endowment fundraiser Run, raised $9,057.00
Nonye Iwuchukwu, PharmD
Dr Nonye Iwuchukwu is a highly motivated and self-directed board certified oncology clinical pharmacist with a strong background in chemotherapy and oncology. She is currently the Oncology Clinical Pharmacists at the Lester and Sue Smith Clinic, Houston, TX where she serves as the lead pharmacist responsible for establishing and providing clinical pharmacy services and direct patient care to the outpatient hematology/oncology clinic. Her role requires interprofessional collaboration with fellows, attending physicians, nurses, and pharmacy technicians, and has sharpened her capacity for team-building and working collaboratively. Nonye has had many years of consistent NAPPSA membership, characterized by dedicated humble service to NAPPSA. She is a team player willing to make the necessary sacrifice for the collective success of the team. Nonye has deployed these great attributes and personal qualities to the service of NAPPSA via her contributions to various NAPPSA committees including past membership of the Young Professionals committee and current membership of the Membership and mentorship committees.
- Founding Member of the NAPPSA YP
- Ardent promoter of the NAPPSA ideals and mentor to many Young Professionals
- Current Member of the Membership Committee
- Current Member of the Mentorship Committee
- Previously a member of the YP Committee
- Donor to the NAPPSA COVID-19 Response Fundraiser
- A fervent believer in the NAPPSA 10-Year Strategy Plan
- Active participant and promoter of the Inaugural
- NAPPSARUNS 3K initiative dedicated to raising funds towards the NAPPSA Endowment Fund
Oladele Oladiran, RPh
Oladele Oladiran is a Director of Pharmacy at Nor-Lea Hospital, Lovington, New Mexico. He was previously a Director of Pharmacy for Select Specialty Hospital. Oladele obtained his pharmacy degree from University of Ibadan. His professional career spans multiple professional lanes in the pharmacy profession including industry, retail and now, hospital. Over the course of his career, he has worked for very reputable institutions including May & Baker Pharmaceuticals in Nigeria, Rite Aid Corporation, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Methodist Medical Center, Dallas, and Baylor Medical Hospital in Texas. He has demonstrated himself to be a strategic and collaborative leader with demonstrate expertise in implementing operational initiatives to drive and achieve desired clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction. He has over 10 years of leadership experience with a strong background in clinical operations, in-patient, and Long-term care. Oladiran places a high premium on delivering outstanding results by fostering patient-centric behavior, winning through people-centered leadership, building collaborative relationships, and implementing change that produces desired outcomes and positive results. Its Oladele’s desire to bring all these skills to bear in the discharge of his serves to NAPPSA at the NAPPSA Board.
- NAPPSA Member since 2008
- Part of the early soldiers of the NAPPSA Membership Committee in 2008
- Participant in the NAPPSA 3K FundRacer
- Part of the early members and drivers of the NAPPSA Young Professional Group
- Advocate of the President’s 10-Year Strategy plan committed to driving its implementation as a Board member
- Licensed in 3 states of the USA (TX, LA and MS) which is an asset for helping with the expansion of the NAPPSA’s reach across the USA
Olugbade Omotoso Bolanle, PharmD, MBA
My name is Olugbade Omotoso BOLANLE aka ToSH, a candidate for NAPPSA BOARD MEMBERSHIP
Service to NAPPSA
As Treasurer for NAPPSA, I worked with the finance committee to develop our working budget, execute tight finance/accounting controls on our operations. I have also saved costs and prevented account breaches with due diligence while presenting timely and transparent report on the association’s financials during our annual conferences. Executed seamless hand-off to incoming Treasurer.
SERVICE to PHARMACY PROFESSION (MICHIGAN) I have served our profession out of MICHIGAN and the National level and in 2015, I was the local President and LOC Chair working in collaboration with my fellow NPAM colleagues to host a successful NAPPSA conference in Detroit. Under my leadership, NPAM (Michigan) hosted a successful 2015 NAPPSA Scientific Conference
Patrick Nwakama, PharmD, BCPS, FNAPPSA
Dr. Patrick Nwakama is a senior pharmacologist at the US FDA and a board-certified pharmacotherapy specialist (BCPS). He is one of the founding members and Fellow of NAPPSA (FNAPPSA). He is a current member of NAPPSA Board and served as the premier NAPPSA Treasurer (2006 – 2015). He is a member of NAPPSA Endowment Oversight Board (EOB). Dr. Nwakama is one of the pillars of NAPPSA Inaugural 2020 3K Run/Drive that netted over $130,000 for NAPPSA Endowment by solely raising almost 10% of the total Fund. He is an Editor-in-Chief of American Journal of Pharmacotherapy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (AJPPS) [Official Journal of NAPPSA]. He is also on the Editorial Team of NAPPSA Quarterly News Digest.
- NAPPSA Founding Member and NAPPSA Fellow (FNAPPSA)
- First Treasurer of NAPPSA (2006-2015)
- NAPPSA Distinguished Service Award Recipient (2015)
- Served as Chair and active member of multiple committees including Mentoring (current); Website (current); Publication (current), Program (current), Audit (current Chair); Elections (current), Bylaws (current); Scholarship (past), Finance (past Chair) and NAPPSA Conference LOC (DMV 2009 and 2021)
- Co-chaired Regulatory Reform Section at the 2011 NAPPSA Abuja Summit and co-led the drafting of original NAPPSA Bylaws
- Strong promoter of the NAPPSA 10-Year Strategy Plan
- Top 3 Fundraiser in the 2020 NAPPSA 3K FundRacer towards NAPPSA Endowment Fund (raised almost 10% of the $130K total)
- Responsible for inviting notable speakers to NAPPSA Conferences (including Keynote Speakers)
- Editor-in-Chief of American Journal of Pharmacotherapy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (AJPPS), the Official Journal of NAPPSA
- He is also on the Editorial Team of NAPPSA Quarterly News Digest