2018 NAPPSA Scientific Conference & Exposition
September 20-23, 2018
5400 John Q. Hammons Drive NW
Concord, North Carolina 28027
WORTHY CONGRATULATIONS TO ONE OF OUR OWN – Prof Moji Adeyeye
On behalf of the Board of Trustees of the Nigerian Association of Pharmacists & Pharmaceutical Scientists in the Americas, Inc. (NAPPSA) and the entire NAPPSA family, I write to commend Prof. Moji Christiana Adeyeye and express our profound congratulations on her appointment as the new Director-General of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC).
1. President/CEO, Elim Pediatric Pharmaceuticals Inc.
2. Chair of Biopharmaceutical Sciences and Professor of Pharmaceutics and Drug Product Development, Roosevelt University College of Pharmacy
4. Thirty years of experience in quality drug development, adaptive formulation, clinical trials, and associated regulatory requirements.
5. Fellow of American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (2008) and Nigerian National Academy of Science (2016)
6. Developed anti-retroviral (HIV/AIDS) pediatric fixed dose combination (FDC) and received intellectual property (patents) on the formulations in UK and South Africa through her previous institution (Duquesne University, a Catholic Mission University)
7. Provided evidenced-based leadership in Biopharmaceutical Sciences (BPS) Department of College of Pharmacy at Roosevelt University
8. Successfully filed investigational new drug application, and familiar with filing new drug application
9. Expert in translational clinical research
10. Developed pediatric medicines for sickle cell disease and malaria
11. Conducted basic research and clinical trial on complementary and alternative
12. Consulted as expert witness in patent litigation, and for pharmaceutical R&D
13. Trained young scientists in preformulating, pharmaceutical drug development (liquids, semi-solids and solids), pediatric dosage form design, material characterization (excipient characterization, drug-excipient interaction) - solid and liquid state, and clinical trials.
I have no doubt that with this diverse experience and leadership at both drug product development, Clinical trials, policy formulations, mentorships both in Nigeria and in Diaspora, Professor Adeyeye is poised to provide exemplary leadership in NAFDAC, Nigeria and the globe.
On behalf of the Nigerian Association of Pharmacist and Pharmaceutical Scientist in the Americas (NAPPSA) Board and the entire NAPPSA family, I extend a hearty Congratulations to Professor Chinedum Peace Babalola on becoming the Vice Chancellor of Chrisland University.
This appointment which took effect from November 1, 2017 is monumental in that it marks in history, the first time that a lady pharmacist attains such enviable position in the annals of Nigerian academia.
Professor Babalola is one of our own, a NAPPSA member with exceptional latitude of excellence, who have been remarkable in championing the vested vision of NAPPSA in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Education both in Nigeria and in the Americas.
Congratulations Professor Babalola, the NAPPSA family avow unequivocal support for your success and we remain proud of your achievements.
Leo Egbujiobi, RPh, MD, FACC, FSCAI.
President’s Vote of Thanks (2017 NAPPSA Scientific Conference)
Our 11th Annual Scientific Conference and Exposition is just concluded in Houston and I trust all the attendees made it safely home and to their destinations. What a successful and wonderful conference! Our prayers and thoughts remain with all affected by the hurricanes and for those unable to attend this conference because of them.
We thank Prof. Sunny Ohia, Pharmacist Iloanya and the entire LOC team for their exceptional leadership, friendliness, and fantastic hospitality accorded the largest ever crowd of attendees. Our immediate past president, Dr. Nkere Ebube, left a big shoe to fill. Thank you Houston for making NAPPSA proud.
We salute the attendees from the exhibitors (record numbers), the young professionals, and to our Nigerian colleagues for the wonderful fellowship. We socialized, but had serious discussions on the state of pharmacy and healthcare in our society. It is noteworthy that we also had the largest number of individual Pharmacists and Scientists who travelled from Nigeria and Europe in attendance. I personally enjoyed the several outstanding scientific posters presented by our rising stars.
For the NAPPSA family, I sincerely appreciate your display of both commitment and demand to see a flourishing NAPPSA and you will not be disappointed!
Please remain active, ask questions, and stay in touch!!
Tel: 608 302 9359 (preferred for non-urgent issues. Text better)
Tel: 608 751 0800 (Workhorse number for more immediate issues)